Acute Alcohol

man walking recovery is aa effective

Alcoholics Anonymous

Acute alcohol poisoning is another name for alcohol poisoning. It occurs when the liver is unable to effectively process all the alcohol you consume. It takes the liver a minimum of two hours to break down the alcohol in one drink. If you end up consuming more than one drink every two hours, your liver will be unable to process it. As a result your heart rate can lower, also your blood pressure.

If there is a considerable increase in blood alcohol level, it requires immediate medical attention. Alcohol poisoning can affect your central nervous system, also it can lead to a number of health problems. It can slow down your vital functions, you can find yourself unable to perform, and in worst cases, it can lead to death.


Alcoholism can be related to a number of problems, it can be a result of peer pressure, a means to numb pain, or a way to relieve stress. Alcohol poisoning can be intentional or accidental. Drinking games, shots etc. can increase the possibility of alcohol poisoning.

There is no set amount of alcohol that leads to alcohol poisoning. The amount depends on tolerance level keeping in mind the size, weight, and make-up of his/her body.

  • vomiting
  • irregular breathing
  • low body temperature
  • unconsciousness
  • confusion
  • seizures
  • pale skin

free books or purchase our more in-depth version


Alcohol poisoning requires immediate medical attention. Many of us are under the impression that sleeping is a treatment for it but this is not so. Treatment of alcohol poisoning is more than just sleeping it off.

Vomiting is probably the easiest symptom to treat. However, in the case of intoxication there is a high risk of choking, especially if the person loses consciousness. It is wise to turn an unconscious person on their side as this will help to prevent choking. Do not leave the person unattended and make sure their airways are open.

Intoxication can lead to hyperthermia. In emergency rooms the patient is wrapped with warm blankets and gets an intravenous fluid to re-hydrate the body. The most preferred fluid is glucose, which warms and re-hydrates the body. It also brings up the glucose to an accepted level.

Maximizing air and air management can help in treating acute alcohol poisoning. To guarantee the safety of the person, proper medical help and visuals observations are required.


To prevent alcohol poisoning, make sure that you drink small amounts of alcohol. Drinking should be fun, but as we know drinking to excess can have dire consequences. Daily two units of alcohol for women and three units for men are safe generally accepted as the safe maximum intake. Know your limits and stick to them to avoid drunken nights and annoying hangovers.

Many people die from alcohol poisoning every year and it is not an issue to be taken lightly. Although having a good time is important, staying safe is equally important.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *